Wednesday 16 February 2011

Meet the teacher

The Researchers in Residence Scheme pairs you with a local school and teacher that match the information in your application form.  I slightly landed on my feet with mine as while discussing the scheme with a friend who is a local geography teacher she became very excited and after running it past her Head Teacher, she signed up to the scheme and I got paired with her and St Roberts of Newminster in Washington.  Miss Quinn and I have met a couple of times at school, firstly to get an overview of what I can bring to the school and a second meeting to finalise the details.  She is really excited and all the teachers in the Geography Department seem really lovely.  It is less than two weeks now until I go into the school, for real!  I am now busy trying to get all the material for the placement ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment